Reproduced with permission from 50 FOODS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE: A WOMEN’S GUIDE TO HEALTH AND VITALITY BY EMMA SUTHERLAND AND MICHELLE THRIFT.
SERVING SIZE 257 G • ENERGY 2440 KJ • FAT 16.1 G • CARBOHYDRATE 83.3 G • SODIUM 1570 MG
- 400g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground sea salt and black pepper
- 4 x 15cm round thin pizza bases
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 50g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 120g fetta or goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup baby sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, toss together the pumpkin, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the pumpkin on the baking tray and roast for 15 minutes until tender and golden.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and place two pizza bases on each tray. Spread each pizza base with tomato passata, top with onion, garlic, mushrooms, cooked pumpkin and then cheese. Sprinkle with sage leaves.
- Bake the pizzas for 15 minutes or until the onion is cooked, the cheese has melted and the pizza bases are golden and crispy.
- Cut the pizzas into slices and serve hot.
- Published with permission